Monday, August 16, 2010

A Double Wide - Shabby Chic Style


This is an actual double-wide trailer done up Shabby Chic style that was featured in Country Living a couple years ago. Owners Theresa and Craig Smith have decorated their mobile home with countless treasures from their cross-country buying trips. It's a wonderful space, and it's hard to believe that it's a mobile home! It's so full of vintage finds and rustic treasures even Rachel Ashwell would be proud. It's just over 2,000 square feet and sits proudly in Glendale, KY. The Smith's spend over half the year buying antiques for their store, Cottage Gardens, in Elizabethtown (I know right!?).
Enjoy!
This is one of my absolute favourite details of this house - the architectural piece in the back is part of an actual Victorian porch - the best part is that the mail box underneath still has mail in it! Talk about charm!
The old hats and pearls are Theresa's grandmothers. They add a bit of nostalgia to the bedroom.
These counter tops were once the counters in an old store.
The clean metal sink is a nice contrast and it works well to compliment all the other rustic metal in the home.
Only some of Theresa's collections of dishware. I, however, am not so sure I wouldn't be a little put off the by vintage doll heads in my tea cups!
The ornately decorated faux fireplace.
The were old cast iron grates that were used in old Victorian homes to allow air flow - they make fabulous wall art!

5 comments:

  1. Every time I come across her blog I fall in love again with this mobile home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe it.That's just amazing,How fun :)))
    Looooove what's done!!!
    Tove:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought hanging hats in a bedroom near the bed could look so good. I want to do that now in my bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What would you call the thing above the bed? and where in the world did you find it? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shelby, I have no idea what exactly that piece is, but I imagine its something that's been repurposed. And the home belongs to Theresa and Craig Smith, not myself.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria