Monday, August 23, 2010

Happy Anniversary To Us

So yesterday, my husband and I celebrated our second wedding anniversary. I know that it's not a long time compared to many of you, but it's just so hard to believe it's been two years! Time is flying past. We've graciously been blessed with so much more than either of us could have ever imagined - in every aspect of our lives and we count ourselves lucky each day to be so madly in love with each other. I really did marry my best friend and I can't wait to see what the next years have in store for us.
I've been asked to share some wedding photos so I thought I would dedicate this post to some of the photos from our wedding album.
Enjoy the sneak peek into our special day!

Getting ready.

I had a fairly simple, but classic, wedding dress. It was fitted and ivory with a pretty lace overlay and longer train.

I wore my grandmother's (who had passed away a few years prior) delicate diamond necklace and earrings that she wore on her wedding day. They were simple, small little flowers.

My wonderful parents spend hours and hours helping me do the flowers for the wedding. That included all the bouquets, the decorative pots and urns and a small metal pail on each pew end!

We do!

Our photos and reception were at a conservation area with an old historic farm, large barn and tiny chapel on site.

The conservation area is set in the Niagara Escarpment and there's a falls on the property.

Our wedding party and the old Benz that took us to the reception - it had just hit 1, 000, 000 km (I think that's somewhere around 600,000 miles)!


We had a very laid back, simple country wedding and part of the charm was the old barn that we had our reception in. It just made everything so cozy!

Our head table, and the view from the barn.

3 comments:

  1. A very Happy Anniversary to you both! What a beautiful bride you were and the wedding looks like it was enchanting. I love how you mixed the formal with the country with a very classy result. Precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooo! Happy anniversary! Loved your wedding photos:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. two years happily together. I hope you guys are happy forever.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria