Friday, April 29, 2011

Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla Cupcakes


[All Photos - The Growers Daughter]

This past week, my mom and my best friend (and cousin) both celebrated their birthday's. I made a batch of 
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla Cupcakes. I found the recipe through Martha Stewart, but the actual cupcake is a cupcake from the famous Billy's Bakery, in New York City.

It's by far my favourite vanilla cupcake recipe. I use real vanilla extract, of course, and vanilla beans for extra flavour. They're are divine, especially with his Vanilla Buttercream frosting. 

I was also practising, in preparation for my sister's wedding in a few weeks. These will be served, along with a chocolate creation, for dessert instead of traditional wedding cake.

They really are the perfect little treat.

 Here is the recipe. And, this is the recipe for the frosting. There is even a video clip, which is super helpful in getting techniques right.


They may be plain, but still so pretty.


For a little more flavour, I added a few fresh raspberries. The tartness of the berries works well with the sweetness of the cupcakes, making for a delicious treat.


This one was enjoyed this morning as I watched the Royal Wedding! It was like a little piece of wedding cake in celebration of the big day! Wasn't she gorgeous??

7 comments:

  1. You're right about the cupcakes being simple but pretty! They look so delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yammie.....and yes she was so wonderful......love Ria....xxx...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those look scrumptious!! Good thing I can't eat them through the computer as I am trying to lose a few lbs. Seems to come off much harder than it goes on. lol
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  4. These looks wonderful. I love white on white cupcakes but have had a hard time finding a cupcake that isn't heavy. Maybe this one will be my go to. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful cupcakes! Kate was a stunning bride! We watched with tea and scones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow...Awesome.. Those cup cakes are looking beautiful and colorful. I wanna be taste it. I love those cup cakes. Thanks for this great post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for posting this, it looks amazingly rich and delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria