Sunday, September 29, 2013

A Sunny Weekend


I hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

It's been a beautiful, sunny weekend. Yesterday I spent the morning walking around Balls Falls, getting some photos of the boys and my cousin's family. Then I stopped by The Market Stand and picked up some gourds on the way home.

The rest of the day was spent trying to get some things accomplished around the house. Trying. I really just felt like curling up on the couch with a book in the warm sun.

My mom popped in and brought with her a pail of these gorgeous Hydrangeas. They're just beautiful.



Our living room couch sits perfectly in the afternoon sun. The whole room is bright and warm.


I love all of the interesting and quirky varieties of gourds. Each one is different. A simple basket with a few kinds is an easy way of adding a touch of Fall.


I even pulled out my knitted throw and washed it. It's always nice having a few blankets handy for curling up with now that the weather is cooler.


Oliver clearly had the right idea...


I added a few cuttings to our night table. I also picked up a new lamp on Friday. It's smaller than my other alabaster lamp and quite a bit more yellowed. I thought it looked nice with a linen shade. I happened to have that shade on hand, but I've got my eye out for one that's a bit bigger.


Here's one of my favourites from yesterday.

2 comments:

  1. Your hydrangeas are gorgeous! And I love your throw too.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to see little snippets around your house. It is much too hot in Texas to think about pulling out the blankets so I am green with envy right now.

    Your marble lamps and flowers are beautiful together.
    Cali

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria