Friday, October 4, 2013

Annual Fall Drive


Each year, around the first day of Autumn, my cousin and I take our annual Fall Drive. We've been doing it for years - ever since I got my first car. The first stop is always to pick up a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks, and usually includes local craft shows, a few farm stands to pick up gourds and pumpkins and a tour through the beautiful countryside to enjoy the changing leaves.

This year we had a few specific places we wanted to stop.

Garrison Village in Niagara on the Lake was our first destination. Their weekly farmer's market included a small antique sale and I knew I'd find a few good treasures. While there, we came upon a shop called Refuge. I had never shopped it before and I was so excited to find it! It's a beautiful collection of vintage finds, and really is a shop where you could find just about anything for just about anyone. 

After that, we made our way to 13th Street Winery where they were hosting a Handmade Market. 

It was a lovely day.




Really, it's Fall in a cup.




As you can see, there were so many great finds!





These donuts were from Willow Cakes and Pastry in Niagara on the Lake. I picked the second from the right, on the top. Are you ready for what it was?

It was covered in caramel with Toblerone bar on top, and filled with caramel cream cheese filling.

It was to die for.


Here's a little peak into Refuge. Be sure to stop by when you are in the area and browse her wonderful collection.









And finally 13th Street Winery. It's so clean and simple and it reminds me of a perfect modern farmhouse. It was a great location for this Fall's Handmade Market.

And there was wine... And butter tarts in their bakery.


And food trucks!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Maria,
    It sounds like you had a great day out. What a wonderful market too! I'm hoping to get to ours if the weather is nice. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
    Ness xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. is the refuge in niagara on the lake?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria