Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Recent Finds and New Items in the Shop


While out and about this weekend, I managed to pop into an antique store not too far from here. They are actually going out of business, and have been up for sale for a while, so I wasn't expecting to find much left. Still, it's been a while since I've spent any length of time looking for something old and full of character, so in I went.

I did manage to find a few little things, an antler, a tiny ironstone creamer, and a few pieces of mismatched silverware.

It wasn't much, but she gave me a good deal, so it felt like a success. 

I decided it was time to start listing some items in the shop again.


The serving fork and the gravy spoon are for myself. I love collecting pieces of antique silverware, and I use them quite often.


It's the tiniest little creamer.




These spoons are so versatile. They can be used as they were intended, or they can be tied with a package of loose tea or coffee, or in a jar of body scrub by the bath. 



This soap dish is a relatively recent find. It's up in the shop as well. I love how it fits one of those large, luxurious bars of soap.



I started listing some other ironstone that I've had collected for a while.



The boys were pretty excited about the antler.



For now it's on our shelf with other natural bits.


I had also planned to list these two julep cups, but decided not to. I really love them, so for now they will stay.




The weather has turned overnight, plummeting from an unseasonal 7 degrees (45) to -19 with the wind (-2). Hudson and I spent some time this afternoon snuggling in bed. I couldn't resist snapping a photo of him as he just looked so beautiful with his haircut and his thumb in his mouth. He's growing up much too quickly for my liking, so I was thankful for the quiet cuddling together.

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria