Wednesday, May 25, 2016

The Front Entrance


Today I spent the afternoon cleaning up the front entrance. We had removed the garland hung for the winter already a couple months ago, but the urns still needed to be changed for Spring.

I contemplated planting them up with a few things, but in the end, kept feeling like I just wanted them simple. There's enough variety in the gardens and I'm always drawn to the simplicity of Boxwood in urns. And while they were fairly expensive, I opted for two larger Green Mountain round ones. 



Currently we are looking for contractors to do some work on this entrance. We would like to have a railing installed, and would prefer a wood railing all the way around in replacement of the iron one. As well, we would replace the current steps with more appealing wood ones to suit the railing. It wasn't really a project we were going to tackle right now, but it needs to be done.

I would also like to replace the existing screen door and add a transom window above it. The actual door goes all the way to the top of the blue, and the transom would add some extra light to the interior entrance when I have the door open - which is all day long if it's not too cool.




Our Blushing Bride Hydrangeas on either side of the steps have survived their first winter and are showing lots of new growth. They will be a lovely welcome when they are more mature and fill out the gardens on either side.


And these are the times when I wish I could capture and share smell with you! 

This entire entrance is filled with the smell of Lily of the Valley in bloom, another favourite part of our gardens.




2 comments:

  1. Oh I am in love, how amazing it must feel to see this much beauty daily.
    I want to move in.

    Xx
    Bisous

    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing such a great blog... I am impressed with you taking time to post a nice info.
    Modern Entry Doors
    Windows And Doors Phoenix

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria